Monday, April 27, 2009

Pins and Needles, Needles and Pins...


One day my father asked me if I wanted to watch a show called the Honeymooners. After my homework we sat down, loaded our state of the art VHS recorder with a tape of the show he recorded the night before. Might I add, which has no relevance to the story, it was a top loading VCR. Oh, you had one too! We sat and laughed so hard that I couldn't wait for the next episode. The Honeymooners changed the way I viewed television shows til this day. Kramer has nothing on Ed Norton. Just watch him do the Huckle Buck. The show has created memories that will last forever. The Honeymooners aired on channel 11 at 11:30pm right after The Odd Couple. I watched the show in preparation for the next day's trivia challenge at school where my friends and I would test our knowledge of the episode that aired the night before. I have the box set now on DVD of all 39 episodes. I sit and watch them as if I never saw them laughing as hard as ever. Even though I have the box set I look forward to New Years Eve / Day to watch the 24 hour marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment