Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Special Day


Congratulations to my cousin and his wife for they celebrated their wedding day yesterday. The only thing more beautiful than the weather was the way they looked on their special day. It was special in so many ways. The first and most important reason is my cousin and his wife joined as one where they will enjoy the wonderful institution of matrimony. It was the first day of the rest of their lives together. I was very grateful that my two children celebrated in the ceremony as their flower girls. It was a proud moment as we watched our two girls follow two of the cutest ring bearers down the aisle sprinkling white rose pedals on the bride’s path. As I watched them get married I could not help but notice the smile on my new cousin’s face as she stared into my cousin’s eyes the whole time during the ceremony. This is a day a girl dreams about from childhood and her day has come.

Bringing my family together again was another reason that made this day special. It was great to be able to see my aunts, uncles and cousins again. We were able to celebrate this occasion together like old times laughing and enjoying each other’s company. We danced so much that I will be feeling the after effects for a while but it was well worth it. I took a lot of pictures that will be added to the rest of the family photos and cherished forever. Sitting at the children’s table with my sister and cousins during dinner and glancing over at the table where my parents, aunts and uncles sat enjoying conversation with each other only confirmed my belief that family is one of the most important things in life.

As all good things come to an end so did this special day. I would like to congratulate my cousin and his wife for they will enjoy a wonderful life together. I would also like to thank them for allowing my family to be part of their special day.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the beautiful account of the wedding, you said exactly how we felt. the girls were excellent in their role as flowers girls. Being with everyone was the best that could be, family is what matters, and ours was just increased by one and no labor pains were felt, it was a joy.
    love ya all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete