Sunday, May 10, 2009

The New Black

As I raise my kids and participate in their activities I can't help but notice the involvement that dads are making in today's child society. I have noticed dads bring their kids to birthday parties as well as getting involved with church and school functions.

Growing up my dad got involved with all my activities as well as most of my friends and teammates dads, but not at today's level. Even though today's dads work hard, I think the dads of my father's generation worked multiple jobs to support their family, so for that they are not eligible for criticism. In defense to them, providing for family was their main priority. Most of the moms back in the day stayed at home to raise their kids, then once the kids were older they would seek employment for extra income. Today, for the most part, both parents work full time jobs to support their family which gives the dads free time to get involved with their kids and at the same time gives moms some relief. I commend the many dads I know today that work multiple jobs and still make time for their kids. So hats off to the dads of today, including myself, for realizing that "The Dad's" presence makes a tremendous difference in a child's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment